E.S.P. is an instalment of UFO: The Series in which a human possessor of the "telepathy" type of that power, after his wife is killed in a UFO attack, becomes a tool of the aliens in their evil plans to destroy SHADO.
John Croxley is a man with extra-sensory perception--specifically, that of the "telepathy" type, which enables him to read the minds of other people. However, he regards it as a curse, and has sought medical aid for it.
When, one day, in the course of a dog-fight with a UFO, Foster sends it crashing into Croxley's house, destroying it, the UFO's crash-landing causes the death of Croxley's wife Stella. Holding Foster responsible for his bereavement, Croxley uses his powers to read Foster's mind and find out all about the S.H.A.D.O., which he intends to destroy.
Crowley dispatches a screenplay to Harlington-Straker Film Studios, the front for SHADO. Since (as revealed in "Exposed") the secrecy surrounding the very existence of SHADO itself has to be kept maintained at all costs because of the potential planet-shattering implications, the S.H.A.D.O.'s Commander, Edward Straker, is horrified at what he reads in the script--a detailed description of the S.H.A.D.O.'s every operation.
Eventually, Croxley is confronted--and as it ends up, he has to be shot in the back to prevent him from assassinating Straker. Back at S.H.A.D.O. HQ, Straker burns the only copy of the screenplay of which HE knows, at least, by feeding it into an incineration chute in his office. (But it is not revealed whether any OTHER copies of the screenplay exist.)
Cast (listed in the order of each actor's first appearance)Edit
- John Stratton ... John Croxley
- Deborah Stanford ... Stella Croxley
- Donald Tandy ... The Gateman
- Douglas Wilmer ... Dr. Ward / Dr. Brünner
- Keith Alexander ... Lt. Keith Ford
- George Sewell ... Col. Alec Freeman
- Gabrielle Drake ... Lt. Gay Ellis
- Ed Bishop ... Cmdr. Ed Straker
- Antonia Ellis ... Joan Harrington
- Harry Baird ... Lt. Mark Bradley
- Dolores Mantez ... Nina Barry
- Michael Billington ... Col. Paul Foster
- Stanley McGeagh ... A SHADO Security Man
- Norma Ronald ... Miss Ealand
- Maxwell Shaw ... Dr. Shroeder
- Shakira Caine ... A SHADO Operative (uncredited)
- Mel Oxley ... The Voice Of The Space Intruder Detector (uncredited)